A few years ago, we used to think the only form of video marketing were generally found on the TV. Just as you were getting comfortable and stuck in to your programme, you could guarantee the adverts were looming. Over the last few years, video marketing has exploded and is growing each day, the results of which speak for themselves
If you haven’t explored video marketing yet, you might want to consider it - Google describes it as ‘indispensable’. 84% of people who said they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service have watched a brand’s video.
What is video marketing?
To be honest, it’s pretty self-explanatory. Using videos to market yourself, your brand, your products and so on. As people, we’re getting busier and busier (or more impatient), so if a source of information doesn’t tell us what we need to know immediately, we move on to the next.
For this reason (amongst many) video marketing is a brilliant way to captures people’s attention in the very short time available.
Where to use video marketing
With phone cameras improving all the time, there is no excuse to not dabble into the video marketing world - 61% of people are more likely to buy from companies that deliver unique content according to Contently.
Video marketing can be used to give a tour of the new layout of your shop, to show the culture of your office or for some of the examples below:
- Tutorial/instructional/demonstrational videos
- Recordings of webinars
- Meet the team
- Video ads, e.g. on social media
Videos to promote a product or service is a super quick way to get your USP across – and using on social media helps to reach a larger audience. If you want some help on that – our marketing team can help.
Benefits of video marketing
Although the thought of creating your own video or even paying someone may be daunting – it certainly seems to be worth it. There are many reasons to use video marketing, but here are some:
1. ROI – 89% of video marketers say video gives them a good ROI and 83% say video helps them with lead generation.
This doesn’t need much explaining, but video marketing can increase traffic, conversions and sales
2. Trust –Video marketing helps engage an audience, where they can form a connection and then hopefully proceed down the sales funnel. Influencers, such as those on YouTube, have become a very powerful marketing tool to promote your brand.
3. Easy – Although making the videos can initially be hard work, once your video is live it’s pretty plain sailing from there. Just make sure you promote it fully.
It’s also easier for users that don’t want to scroll through a list of instructions or read lots of information. Instead, you can explain a tricky concept or impart information quickly and easily. Plus, a video is easy to share on social media or with friends and family.
Want to know more? Get in touch :)