Backlinks, backlinks, backlinks... You’d think I’d speak highly of them with them being such an important ranking factor in Google’s big book of dreams to reach the top of page one! However, there is one huge theory ‘against’ backlinks that is seeming hard to dispel…
But before we get onto that, let’s take a look at what backlinks are, and why are backlinks so important. We may even provide some useful hints and tips on how best to utilize them!
What are backlinks?
Why are backlinks important?
How are backlinks measured?
How do I get backlinks?
- Ensure your social platforms are linking to your homepage
- Submit your website to the likes of local and national online directories
- Contact exhibitions, organisations you sponsor, or even influencers, and request they include a link to your site on theirs
- Write relevant copy for specific magazines, newsletters and e-brochures and ask for them to include a link back to your site
- Search the internet for where people have mentioned you and request they update this to include a link to your website (contact us to find out a quick way to do this!)
Addressing the ‘rumour’…
Want to know more? Get in touch :)