Date: 4th April, 2018
On Friday 23rd March we turned 16 and to celebrate our birthday and a year of giving, we had a party!
It was a great night with developer Greg in the DJ booth playing some great music, and a buffet style dinner from Philpotts. Over 70 people were served by our very own ‘on-brand’ totally blue bartender. Thanks to the Red Barn for finding a willing team member to rock the morph suit!
The party was not only to celebrate our birthday but it was a night to wrap up #ClearGiveBack by finishing with a raffle for Shropshire Disability Network. Ruby Hartshorn, Chair of Shropshire Disability Network said:
“We have been working with Clear since 2008 and we want to thank them for choosing us as a charity for this event. Often, we are unable to hold our own events, so we rely on donations from others, every penny really counts.”
At Clear, we wanted to express a heartfelt THANK YOU to all who attended the party, bought raffle tickets and of course a huge thank you to our lovely clients and friends who donated raffle prizes: Gunproof, Elizabeth Beckett, Ingpro, Rugged Mobile Systems, Hatchers, Go Carz, Sciquip, Crown Wealth Management, Red Barn, Teaspoon Club, Harper Adams, Wenlock Spring, Templeton Jones, Rubery Owen, Shropshire Disability Network who collected a prize from British Ironworks and Patricia Patterson. We’re still counting the donations so we’ll let you know how much we raised as soon as we can.
The party was a fantastic way to end our year of giving, which included 15 random acts of kindness - click here to see the presentation of #ClearGiveBack. It's was a busy one!
Some highlights from the year included:
- Over 200 hours of time (probably a lot more to organise!)
- 11 internal meetings…
- 28 ideas reduced to 15
- One wacky idea that included dressing up a motorbike as Rudolf the reindeer!
- 30 charities helped
- 181 new people met during the course of the year
- 103 new dog friends made – and one cat
- 10 training blisters and 1 very sore toe
- A total of £6,940 in charitable donations made - and this doesn’t even include all the planning, the value of clothes donated etc.
It's been a great year - here's to another 16 years.
In summary we:
- Paid for the Toll to go over the Kingsland Bridge for morning commuters
- Did a free SEO and Social Media Training Session for charities
- Built a free website for a charity
- Cooked for the homeless and vulnerable at the Ark
- Raised money for charity by running the Shrewsbury Half Marathon
- Collected unwanted clothes and gave them to local charity shops
- Donated special Christmas dinners to rescue dogs
- Helped sort and distribute food at the local food hub
- Held a creative writing talk for sixth form students
- Opened the office for free website audits
- Designed and printed free banners for St Chad's Church
- Sponsored a girls football team
- Donate coffee vouchers to the Children's Ward at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- Donated and planted plants in The Dingle in the Quarry
- A raffle for Shropshire Disability Network at the party