Date: 4th April, 2018
On Friday 23rd March we turned 16 and to celebrate our birthday and a year of giving, we had a party!
It was a great night with developer Greg in the DJ booth playing some great music, and a buffet style dinner from Philpotts. Over 70 people were served by our very own ‘on-brand’ totally blue bartender. Thanks to the Red Barn for finding a willing team member to rock the morph suit!
The party was not only to celebrate our birthday but it was a night to wrap up #ClearGiveBack by finishing with a raffle for Shropshire Disability Network. Ruby Hartshorn, Chair of Shropshire Disability Network said:
“We have been working with Clear since 2008 and we want to thank them for choosing us as a charity for this event. Often, we are unable to hold our own events, so we rely on donations from others, every penny really counts.”
At Clear, we wanted to express a heartfelt THANK YOU to all who attended the party, bought raffle tickets and of course a huge thank you to our lovely clients and friends who donated raffle prizes: Gunproof, Elizabeth Beckett, Ingpro, Rugged Mobile Systems, Hatchers, Go Carz, Sciquip, Crown Wealth Management, Red Barn, Teaspoon Club, Harper Adams, Wenlock Spring, Templeton Jones, Rubery Owen, Shropshire Disability Network who collected a prize from British Ironworks and Patricia Patterson. We’re still counting the donations so we’ll let you know how much we raised as soon as we can.
The party was a fantastic way to end our year of giving, which included 15 random acts of kindness - click here to see the presentation of #ClearGiveBack. It's was a busy one!
Some highlights from the year included:
- Over 200 hours of time (probably a lot more to organise!)
- 11 internal meetings…
- 28 ideas reduced to 15
- One wacky idea that included dressing up a motorbike as Rudolf the reindeer!
- 30 charities helped
- 181 new people met during the course of the year
- 103 new dog friends made – and one cat
- 10 training blisters and 1 very sore toe
- A total of £6,940 in charitable donations made - and this doesn’t even include all the planning, the value of clothes donated etc.
It's been a great year - here's to another 16 years.
In summary we:
- Paid for the Toll to go over the Kingsland Bridge for morning commuters
- Did a free SEO and Social Media Training Session for charities
- Built a free website for a charity
- Cooked for the homeless and vulnerable at the Ark
- Raised money for charity by running the Shrewsbury Half Marathon
- Collected unwanted clothes and gave them to local charity shops
- Donated special Christmas dinners to rescue dogs
- Helped sort and distribute food at the local food hub
- Held a creative writing talk for sixth form students
- Opened the office for free website audits
- Designed and printed free banners for St Chad's Church
- Sponsored a girls football team
- Donate coffee vouchers to the Children's Ward at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- Donated and planted plants in The Dingle in the Quarry
- A raffle for Shropshire Disability Network at the party
However, we're not done giving back yet. For the next year we will be supporting Shropshire Mind who provide support to those affected by mental or emotional distress.