Date: 31st July, 2017
Is your website on Magento? If so, then it’s probably time to start thinking about upgrading it to Magento 2.
Magento are officially ending support for the original version of Magento in November 2018– after which there won’t be any updates or security patches, which could potentially leave your site at risk.
The good news is Magento 2 is now available, has more features, is easier to use and it’s quicker.
Magento 2 Benefits
- New and improved admin area which is mobile friendly so you can make updates on the go
- Page loading is up to 50% faster than Magento 1
- Product creation is easier than ever
- Streamlined checkout process
- New payment integrations
- Quality extensions, approved by Magento
- Multiple admin users, who can create and edit products without the fear of data conflicts
- Quarterly platform updates and security patches
There’s a handy migration tool to help move some of your data from Magento 1 to Magento 2, but some functionality may need to be updated to work with Magento 2 and your design templates will need to be recreated. Things move quickly in the digital world so it’s the perfect time to look at your site with one of our account managers and consider your website from the user’s point of view:
- Can we optimise the user experience?
- How can we update the site to attract more visitors, generate more sales and/or enquiries.
- Is the site supporting your business as well as it should/could be?
- What questions are your customers asking you? What do they think? Are they happy?
Act now, save later
Migrating to Magento 2 is inevitable – you can hold out for as long as you want, but there will be a point when you have to make the jump.
As time goes on, patching and securing Magento 1 will become increasingly challenging, which isn’t time or cost effective.
We want the transition from Magento 1 to Magento 2 to be as smooth as possible for you and as with anything - the more time we put into the planning, the smoother it’s going to be.
We’re Magento certified solution specialists so we know how to use it to help you achieve your business/ecommerce goals.
November 2018 seems like a long time, but when it comes to developing one of your most important and profitable business tools, you shouldn’t wait.
Get in touch today and our account managers will show you the way forward, we can run through a full demonstration of the new system, discuss your site, your business objectives and what to do next.